Sunday, February 25, 2007

More on Brothers...


So, of course I don't always have all my thoughts together... I have more to say on siblings/brothers.
Most of us have a sibling and I'm sure our parents watched us become friends, enemies, allies... It seems like one of those things like having your first baby, getting married, buying a house, that to you it is such a big deal and you are sure you are the first ones to experience it. Watching Reese and Carsten relate I'm sure I am the first to see this and the only one--not true... Experiences like this are priceless and I'm glad that everyone gets to enjoy them. Sorry this sounds not too well put together...
I also wanted to add that I am well aware that these two boys might very well be fighting before long. We already have the occasional tussle over a toy and a few tears let loose, but the majority of the time Reese is exceedingly kind, gentle, and understanding of his brother. I can't say it is the other way around yet because Carsten just doesn't get the whole gentle concept and he is somewhat of a bulldozer at this point.
Other than watching our two boys become friends we are dealing with the ever present colds that seem to frequent our house these days...

3 comments:

Gina said...

I am so glad to hear that ill health is happening at another house other than ours. We have yet to all be well for over a month and a half...grrr. SO done with this. Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fascinating to watch your kids move into the playing together stage? I love eavesdropping when ours are being sweet, or endlessly negotiating (always interesting when one's language is far behind the other's).

Enjoy it!

Kate said...

Hey Dana,
Thanks for the past few posts! We are expecting again in August, and all of the thoughts that you first thought about having another baby have popped into my head at one time or another. It is nice to know that we should not fret! I love all of the pictures of the boys together too.