Friday, February 23, 2007

Brothers...

So, I've wanted to post about this for some time... Brothers.
I have to say that there was a time that I questioned having a second child because I liked Reese so much, Reese was an easy baby, what if our second one was a hard baby, could I handle two kids, what if the second child changed my relationship with Reese???
Now 9 months after second child I am reaping the joys of siblings.
Reese is the one who can get Carsten to smile at any time. Carsten bursts into a grin when he sees Reese first thing in the morning. Reese wants to *play* with Carsten all the time now. Carsten seeks out Reese and sticks by him. They seem to have a language all of their own and private jokes already.
As others have said on their blogs--my heart is full!

5 comments:

Paula Jo said...

THANK YOU Dana for your post! I needed that. Glad there is always enough love & time for 2. The things you lay awake at 3am and ponder. Alyssa is my EASY one, I always wonder and fear what #2 will be like and hope it works out for the good! Take care.

Andrea said...

For some time now I've been searching for an answer...if I had "room" to love another child as much as I love my little Benjamin. Thank you for the insight!

Shana said...

Your post made me get a little teary. Siblings are wonderful and it's so neat to see that as a parent they are wonderful too, because as Paula and Andrea have said, you do wonder how another child will change the dynamics of everything!!!

Gina said...

WOW...I don't have much new to add to what has already been said but it is so good to hear how much love they have for eachother at such a young age. You guys are very lucky!!!

Left Coast Sister said...

I totally agree! Without sounding new age-y, there really is something magical about two kids who can't really get feelings absolutely loving each other and communicating in a way you can't understand, even if you are the mom!!! (gasp!)