Thursday, February 22, 2007

Just a day in the life...

No pictures and nothing too exciting happening in our household...

I am going to attempt to make my own baby food here in the next couple days thanks to my cousin Rae Ann! I have always just fed Reese one thing at a time, like cooked carrots OR rice. I am not creative enough to put the foods together... Now for Carsten we'll give this a try.

Carsten has yet another tooth on the brink--doesn't seem fair. I looked this morning in RR's baby book and he had four teeth by now, so I guess it isn't out of the norm (because Reese is SO normal). Funny because Reese got the two next to the front teeth first and then the front two. Carsten has two on the bottom, one on top in the front and then other front on top right there--swollen gums, drool, chewing on everything.

Carsten is also doing the pulling up stunt... I feel like Gina when she says, "our hearts aren't ready for this". Last night he pulled up on his music table and promptly fell and hit his head twice... I was vacuuming yesterday and Reese runs into the room I was in and says, "I helped Carsten into my bed!" Hmmmm.... so I go running into Reese's room and here is Carsten hanging out the back window of RR's car bed... oh boy.

So, we are heading out to Costco and the grocery store and doing other daily stuffs... I have to say that sometimes I feel like Kari who describes herself on her blog as, "literally always doing laundry". If I was writing about me, I'd add, "literally always picking up".

3 comments:

Gina said...

glad that someone else is on the brink of heart failure as we let our little ones crash and burn to figure it all out. Hang in there.

Amy said...

Hey I like it when you write stuff! Good to catch up a bit since I've been bad about it in every other way.
Don't you just love it when the big brother "helps" the little brother? We have lots of that too. Like when Jace is sad, Rory "pats" him to him to make feel better (ie cry harder). The harder the cry, the harder the pat, while yelling "Happen Jace? Happen?" Still love him tho. :)

rae ann said...

i agree with amy...
i like it when you write about what's going on. it's good to know that we're not all alone and isolated in this adventure called motherhood.

let me know how the baby food turned out! i'm going to be so bummed for you if CE doesn't like it. at this age though, it's good for them to try.