Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend, Birthdays, Runny Noses...

My awesome brother gave me a new (to me) laptop for my birthday... I've been getting all the programs I use put on it and so I've been lax again in posting. Lots going on here it seems...


This weekend my parents came to help celebrate all the birthdays and they are heading on a trip and we were on the way. We were sure glad that they were here as we added two more little people to our herd. Jim's cousin, Tom, and his wife Rae Ann had a funeral to go to and we watched their two girls for Friday night and Saturday. Reese and Stella had a blast. There were bikes to be rode, bubbles to be blown, toys to be investigated, baths to be taken, snacks to be eaten, and water everywhere! Carsten and Ivy did a lot of sibling watching as the little whirlwinds ran around. Fun cousin times.



Carsten is one today!!! Can hardly believe that my baby is one... He is an amazingly happy little guy. He always wakes up happy--whether he gets woken up or wakes up on his own. Hardly a grumpy moment for him. Just this weekend he has decided that walking is okay. He has taken steps before, but now we catch him walking places instead of crawling. Carsten is still our bulldozer, crawling over any obstacle and not too afraid of falling. He climbs on anything he can--he loves standing on Reese's chairs and then letting go--no hands! I think that he is bigger than Reese at this age--I put some of Reese's shoes from this age on him and they are too small...

Reese got a, "scootcase" for his birthday and a sleeping bag. We've been camping on the floor this morning. Carsten got a little car and that has been the *toy of the moment*--they both want it.

Now we are sick... Carsten has a gooby nose, I have a sore throat, and Reese has a runny nose... we've put a call into the doctor. It is disgusting to be sick this time of year as it is so nice outside and feels like you shouldn't be sick. Mondays are laundry and bath day, but we might just skip those...

5 comments:

prrrof said...

Happy Birthdays all around!!! I've been thinking and thinking of you and haven't called--my total bad. Maybe we'll get to OR sometime--who knows.

Love the pics...

Our Family said...

Happy happy Birthday Carsten and Reese! Looks like they had a lot of fun with their cousins.....that is great that they can get together. Miss you guys!

Gina said...

Happy Belated B-Day Dana...hope it was a good one.

Carsten Happy Big Boy #1 Birthday.

It's hard to believe that our little ones are one and almost one.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE! I JUST GOT DONE MEETING WITH YOUR PARENTS @ WAL-MART HERE. WAS GREAT TO SEE THEM WISH THEY HAD MORE TIME.
HOPE TO SEE YOU IN MONTANA SOMETIME.

3boys'mom said...

Happy Birthday to all of you!!!