Thursday, June 07, 2007

Teeth, Talking, Anniversary...

Carsten now has his 8th tooth... He really broke it through on Monday. His third on the bottom, a big one near the back. He is also walking a lot now--fun to watch him teeter along so proud! Reese usually makes us all clap if he is paying attention...

Reese is still making us laugh with his language usage...
We were driving to Grandma Paula's and Papa's house and Reese had to go to the bathroom, "Real bad.." We were almost to their road so we asked him to wait. Once we stopped Jim asked him if he'd like to help drive down the driveway. Of course he did and he also no longer needed to go to the bathroom so desperately. When he climbed on Jim's lap to drive, I said, "Just hold it Reese". I meant for him to hold in the pee... He said, "I can't, I have to hold the steering wheel."

This morning... Midway through my shower I hear, "Mommy, wipe me..." Decisions... I told him to wait, or try himself. He did both. I had some cleaning up to do.

Our 11th Anniversary today!

Don't we look cute???

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics--whew, you have a solid run of birthdays and big days! Hard to believe it's been 11 years--who could have predicted where we'd all be? Hugs to all of you--

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two...how time does fly...11 years already since we sang at your wedding and P ended up sick with a virus(were you even aware of that little episode taking place that evening?!) In a few weeks we'll be celebrating #40. What a cute picture of Carsten's mouthful of teeth.

Gina said...

Happy day to you both. I feel lucky that our little girl shares such a special day with more than one wedded couple.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Time sure does fly... it really doesn't seem like it was 11 years ago...

Anonymous said...

happy, busy days!! you 2 don't look a bit older - just wiser!!
xoxo wendy

rae ann said...

woohoo! congrats! my gosh you looked beautiful. and jim's hair was so long...

glad those two teeth finally broke through. poor guy.

Our Family said...

Congratulations to you two! 11 years is a milestone these days. We are going on 12 and can't believe time has flown. So happy for you and you were gorgeous on your wedding day in your gown. How pretty.
As for Reese's comment about holding it I was rolling! Your two boys are precious!
Miss you!

Paula Jo said...

Wow, 11 years already as said before me, time does sure fly by. I do remember that day well. Congratulations!

Shana said...

Happy Anniversary! And yes, you guys look very cute!! :) I love Carsten's toothy smile too! Your boys are so cute! :)

Kate said...

Happy Birthdays and Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing you two at your wedding and Carsten has SO many teeth. Fischer is finally getting his two front teeth. So now he has four teeth...yipppeee!

Darla said...

Happy Anniversary! I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Great that Carsten is OK after the battery ordeal. Fun to see Reese's John Deere. Jonathan got a CAT backhoe loader like it...loves it too. And says "I've gotta go to work" too! Annisia has 7 teeth so she's right behind your Carsten. What a cute family you are!