Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bibs, New Shoes, The Circus...


So, Carsten refuses to wear a bib at meal time, but yesterday and today he has worn a bib all day long just around the house. He pulled some bibs out of the drawer and tried to put them on. I helped him and he was satisfied and trotted off. Kids are really weird.







New shoes... Nothing makes my day more than a new pair of shoes. Especially clearance ones. These Keens are very comfortable and I think quite cute...

Carsten also has new shoes since he's a'walking.

Reese can never be outdone, so here are his new shoes that we got on clearance over a year ago, but that are fitting him now.

And... THE CIRCUS... What to say??? We thought it would be fun to go to the circus with Reese, so we took them on Monday night. We can honestly say we were disappointed. It was expensive--$20 for each adult--children were free, but good night that is still a lot of money. Especially when each item in the circus (popcorn, cotton candy, slurpies, etc.) were all $4-. The music was extremely loud (we were trying to cover the boys' ears). The performances were just okay, and there was a lot of wasted time. I don't remember circuses having advertisements, but every few minutes they would stand in the ring and show some new toy, drink, etc., and say that they wanted the kids to promise they wouldn't go home without one... oh boy. The crowd was fairly low class and the set-up was cheesy... the last performance was motorcycles in a globe deal going around and around--how exciting. We don't recommend the circus. period.

9 comments:

Our Family said...

I agree whole heartedly about the circus. I was always afraid of clowns when I was little so needless to say we only went to one circus in my life. We are not pushing for the kids to go but if they ask then I suppose once is fine. They are definitely overrated and I can't believe they would try to push items to the kids right in front of the parents. Carsten and Reese look adorable in their shoes. Your shoes are very cute too. Enjoy your week!

Amy said...

Bummer about the circus, try the rodeo next time. Oh wait our kid screamed bloody murder every time they tried to wrestle a steer- never mind.
Keens! Hooray for keens! I love mine, so comfy, and mine aren't even as tricky cute as yours!

Gina said...

Yeah for the new shoes!
Sad about the cirus. I went when I was a little kid and I seem to recall liking it but obviously they've changed them.

Paula Jo said...

I feel the need to put my to bits in. Greg and I took some of the friends kids to the circus about 2 years ago... to expensive and not very good was our oppinion. We then went to another circus a while back and we loved it. My thoughts are there are some circus's that are a lot better than others. Better luck next time!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the circus!! Now the beach on the other hand was the BEST!!! We spent a few dollars on the campsite but all the rest...sunshine, sand, ocean, rocks and sea gulls were free. We also saw several bald eagles...some people pay big $$ to see them in Alaska :-) Next time go with us to the beach ok? We actually saw a few scenes that would have perfect for a circus but......

Love, JoAnn

Sara said...

Good to know about the circus. We will probably stay away because of that, but it is a good savings feature for the rest of us, one less thing to go spend some money on... Abigail does the same thing with her bibs unless we are at a restaurant, then she wears one like a champ, who knows....

Darla said...

Cute shoes! My new favorites are the Mary Jane Crocs. Fun to hear Carsten's walking. I love your new blog look too!

Callie said...

Hm. I was at Barnum and Bailey when I was little, and again in the mid-90's and had a blast, and don't remember ads (I'd have certainly gone on a soapbox about that and we ALL would have remembered.) :) We used to have the Pickle Family Circus in town and it was AWESOME and pretty much targeted at kids. Very acrobatic and magic-y. I don't think they're around anymore. :( Sniff!

What I want to know about your shoes is if they change color in the sun! Tee hee. Hopefully see you soon.

Left Coast Sister said...

I'm with Paula on the circus... we went to one when Aidan was little and had a great time... we came early and got to see the animals (although I'll admit you have to stop thinking about how this isn't really what animals are supposed to do as far as living in a parking lot eating stale hay, but other than that...)... I don't remember silly ads, and I'd have been SUPER irritated at that. Hmm. Liking the shoes, however!