Friday, May 18, 2007

Potty Stuff...


Ok, funny story...
We had a little toilet overflow issue (sorry, but gdiapers sometimes don't all go down here at our house...another story). So, last night Reese went in and went to the bathroom and came out to ask me, "Mommy, why is the toilet so full?" I went in and very wisely flushed it again--big mistake as water started to flow over the edge of the toilet. I frantically shut off the water supply and ran to find Jim (after shoving a rug under the door to at least try to keep the water contained). Jim was on the phone, but after the look on my face he hung up and came to see the disaster. As Jim was entering the bathroom Reese came running out and was yelling, "Run for your life!" We broke down in stitches and it made the cleanup a little more tolerable. I must add a little awesome husband award here as he offered to clean it all up and mopped it afterwards as well! I was offering to do the cleanup to save my gdiapers, but he refused.
(The run for your life comment comes from an Arthur book we check out frequently at the library--Arthur's First Sleepover.)

Other recent Reese talk...
Reese told Jim, "I'm a good ride biker." Jim said, "Oh, you are a good ride biker!" Reese responded, "Yes, I are." Later Reese said, "I am a good bike rider." He then told Jim he was supposed to laugh. Jim said, "The reason I laughed before is that you said you were a good ride biker, not a good bike rider." Reese then said, "Oh well, it's similar."

4 comments:

AmyB said...

Thanks for the belly laugh! Ryan and I were just rolling about the "Run for your life!" I can just picture Reese hollering it out. Somehow that makes me think of something out of Calvin & Hobbes. :-) The video of Carsten walking is fun too -- especially Reese's comments...too funny!

Our Family said...

That toilet story is hilarious! I remember when that first happened with McKenzie. Oh I thought how am I going to deal with this.....yucko but I guess you do it automatically when you are a mommy. I will have to remember the quote that Reese said and relay that to McKenzie. She will laugh too.

Gina said...

That was a hoot and quite a visual to boot.

Kate said...

Dana,
Thanks for the laugh! You will always remember that cute comment everytime your toilet overflows...
PS How fun that Carsten is walking!