Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Life...

So, life here is not good.

Total hours mommy slept last night= 2
Total times mommy wished she were asleep= 1 million
Total time Carsten woke up because he couldn't swallow all the gook running down his throat= 20
Total times Reese coughed in the night= 25
Total minutes of nap today=
= 30 for Carsten
= 0 for Reese
= o for Mommy
Total times Carsten cried because I had to wipe his nose= all day
Carsten's frustration with nursing because he can't breathe= complete

Add up all the above numbers and divide by sick daddy as well and life is not good today...
Now if I can keep this cold away from me maybe I'll be able to handle another night.

6 comments:

AmyB said...

Ohhhhh...I don't look forward to the colds and illnesses of babyhood! I cling to the moments of sleep around here! :-) Get well soon!!

Growininwillows said...

Might be time to call in Grandma for some good time help! I am sure she would love it, even with sick ones....

Didge said...

have you tried a saline solution in Carsten's nose? It seems to irritate less than the 'boogie-sucker' and if you use it before you nurse or before bed it flushes the nose and makes it easier to breathe. I think it shrinks swollen nasal tissue or something too which can't hurt. We have been doing similar nights here but not so extreme as yours. Glad we are not too close, you are surely pleasant to be around after sleep deprivation!! Yikes!

Gina said...

Oh my word friend this sounds like our house...we even have an ear infection for good measure. Hang in there.

Paula Jo said...

Fun time a year for all. Just as we were all coming off of antibotics for Strep this weekend I got a nasty cold, now today Alyssa is getting it. Uhhh the fun times. I have been giving her Tylenol infants'drops plus Cold & Cough. Seem to help her sleep and function. Now we just hope for no seizures with this one :(. Good Luck to you guys!

Dim and Jana said...

Thinking of all of you that have it worse... Paula--Boy, I always forget that you have seizures to worry about. Good night, I don't have it bad at all... Hope Alyssa is doing better! Gina--ear infections are no fun at all... I use garlic oil in RR's ears now whenever he has a cold and he hasn't gotten another ear infection. One to two drops in each ear before bed. It is not cooking garlic oil, I found it in the health section of the grocery store. Heidi--thanks for the advice on saline. I tried it before nap today and it seemed to work... will do it again before bed. Thanks all!