Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Finally I'm here again...


I seem able to keep up with everyone else's blogs, but I've been poor about keeping my own up... So, for a few updates and happenings...
Carsten had his 6 month doctor's visit today (at a little over 7 months old). He weighed in at 18 lbs. 2 oz. and is 27 1/2 inches long. He did amazing for his shots and hopefully they won't affect him too much later today. Our nurse does a great job giving shots--she has me hold him on one of my legs and then she straddles that leg and holds his legs with hers... then I cuddle him and hold his arms. If you can understand all that... Afterwords I nurse him right away and he does great.
So, Carsten is (this is really for my own records as well as your enjoyment)...

  • Sitting up
  • Rolling as a mode of transportation (he can get anywhere he wants by rolling!)
  • With one tooth and another on the way
  • Waving when waved at (somewhat randomly still, but very cute when he does)
  • Not eating any food yet--don't know when I'll start that business
  • Still sleeping great at night and takes 3 naps a day.
Now, for Reese... Let's see...
These pictures were when I was trying to get him to cross his eyes for a picture. He was supposed to be looking at the straw on his cup when I took the picture, but he was being uncooperative.

Reese is...
  • An amazing talker--he adds new words to his vocabulary every day.
  • A good brother--he is constantly loving on Carsten and is willing to do most anything for him.
  • Still carrying a hammer everywhere--EVERYWHERE. We cannot leave the house without one and we must have one for bed and nap.
  • Getting himself dressed
  • Singing all day
  • Amazingly polite--the other day he told me, "Thank you to knowing my clothes were dirty mommy." He said this after asking me if they were dirty.
  • Still acting like a two year old most days, but the positives outweigh the negatives!

2 comments:

rae ann said...

so... did you know that the last time i saw you was when ya'll were out here looking for a house to move into...? we had dinner at mcmenamins and did some shopping at TJ's. ridiculous.

i'm itching to hear RR talk! he sounds like such a cute little man. and carsten... our youngests will be 1 before they meet, i'm afraid!

Anonymous said...

McKenzie and Reese can form a singing group. She sings all day and even answers me in song when I ask her something. She thinks everything is a musical instrument too.

kristen