Monday, July 14, 2008

Filling you in...

Oh, boy... The 4th of July we went camping and I took a break from pictures... did not take one. You can go here to see some. We had a good time, Reese got around a million mosquito bites, but other than that it was fun. There was a water fountain right in the middle of our campsites and you can just imagine what my two boys did the whole time we were there. It was just the right height.
In other news we've been super busy doing things for the new house. Picking out light fixtures, paint colors, texture for the walls, putting together cabinets, choosing flooring, does it end??? Does anyone have an opinion on a red front door? I think I want one. The house is either going to be an artichoke green or a blue... Jim is leaning towards the green. There will some slate stone work on the front and it looks good with the green.
We are so excited and looking forward to the house being done. It is looking like a mid-September move-in date. It is changing quickly--funny what drywall, doors, and windows do.

Concentration

The trailer... filling up with cabinets. We spent Saturday putting together all the cabinets for our house--kitchen, two bathrooms, and the laundry room. They are ready to install!

Jim wrote on the backs of the cabinets so we know where they go and which one they are... hopefully--someone else had to write on the back of the cabinets too.

Carsten playing in his car... he was the non-helper, although he tried.

Reese and the mommy who rarely appears in the photos.

Taking a break from the heat.

Our intermittent helper...

The assembly line.

Inside... already looks different... the sheet rocker (a word?) worked all weekend, so he is almost finished.

The most recent outside house picture... hasn't changed too much on the outside as they are working on the inside now.

Carsten at the property--after a cookie. Mr. Chocolate Eyes.



The boys goofing around while I videoed the inside of the walls before the sheet rock was put on.

6 comments:

AmyB said...

Your house is looking great! I LOVE red front doors. We had one on our last house - a nice muted red, but still rich and vibrant. Nice to meet "me"! We have one of those at our house too - he points to himself when asked "where's me?" Funny boys.

Anonymous said...

Red front doors are beautiful! Ours isn't red but it's a deep burgundyish purple against the stucco & I love it. Your house is looking good! It never fails to amaze me how that when just the slab is poured you're almost certain that somebody goofed 'cuz it looks way too small, but once the walls & roof go on it all looks just right =)
Deena

Sara said...

So red doors are great, but in the local area, there is one buy your house guy that paints all his doors red so that people know that they are his houses. Not sure if he has moved towards your area yet or not. Otherwise, I love the deeper, burgandy-ish color. I was hoping to have some of the house - trim or exterior walls burgandy but think I have to settle for my burgandy kitchen instead. Looks like you are having a great time and seems to be that things are moving along nicely ;-)

Growininwillows said...

Wow, it looks great. I really want to come visit now and get a real view of the house, now there are walls, it feel more like a house. I hadn't seen the outside with the siding on either. Let me know if you want me to venture up for a visit. Oma and I want to, but we have to schedule in a visit.

Gina said...

Lookin' good! I have always loved a red front door so there's my vote.

BandK said...

I love red front doors, but with a green house? I'm thinking that might look a little too . . . seasonal. Christmas-y, you know? Maybe a black door? I know that sounds funny, but with a pretty green, that might look nice. If you were going to have shutters, your door could match your shutters.

A white door would be good, too, but it would get dirty really easily, especially with two boys!! :-)

It's a beautiful house, so whatever you pick will be gorgeous!