Friday, July 18, 2008

Colors???

So, I have my inside colors picked out... now for the outside. Does anyone have thoughts on good outside colors for the house? I have decided to do a darkish red front door. The neighbors house nearest to us is an artichoke green. We are thinking that we shouldn't go green as the likelihood of clashing is great. Jim is thinking earth tones--tan, taupe, etc. I am thinking a blue--more inviting and homey?... We will have some slate type stone work on the front that can have some blues or tans in it... Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Our Family said...

I think a darkish blue house with a red door would be gorgeous....blue wouldn't class with the green of the other house. Find the blue and red that go really good together but aren't overpowering. Or yes, you could go for a dark brown which would not be too bad. I know you guys will have a beautiful house no matter how you paint it.

BandK said...

I love blus houses; that is my favorite. I'm thinking a darkish blue, too. Or a rich grey would work, too.

How's Carsten with his MRSA?

Wrena said...

dark almond or burnt honey would look awsome with a red fron door!

Extrem4 said...

hot pink