Monday, January 07, 2008

Stuff...

We have *stuff* going on here... yucky stuff... It appears we are a breeding grounds for MRSA... I am the current victim and I'm telling you it is not pleasant. Ughhh. Jim has had two episodes and we think that each of the boys have had a case each. Grossness. We do everything they tell us to keep from getting it, but somehow we are spreading it around. Our doctor is consulting with an infectious diseases doctor (yikes) today to make a plan so we can rid ourselves of the *disease*. Just thought I'd document the fun times we are having... Don't you want to have us over???

Also thought you'd like to see our cute boys...


Carsten sporting his new haircut... I love my boys with short hair! Carsten has a cold this week... not bad yet and hopefully we can cut it short.

This is Reese's "farmer hat" as he calls it. We got it very cheap last year and he loves it. Daddy is not so sure.

This picture is for Grandma Keri and family who sent the boys these fun shirts. Reese loves his and pretends to play sports while he is wearing it... He'll ask you what number you are while he *plays*...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes, I thought MRSA mostly hit people in nursing homes and hospitals, how did you guys get it? I love the Cal Poly shirts - my alma mater!!! I hope you guys get well soon.
Brandy

venomouskittens said...

maybe carsten brought the bug home from doernbecker?? carsten is losing his baby look. ski hat got left here. get well!!

Gina said...

YUCKY!!! Hope you get better soon.

KJack said...

Hmm this is one of those moments were I say -NO NO NO...NO SHARE (as Ms. T would say). Hope you're all getting better.

Our Family said...

I am so sorry Dana! Will keep you all in our prayers! Take care,
kristen

Andrea said...

So sorry! What in the world are the symptoms? Hang in there.
Andrea

Dim and Jana said...

Andrea--the symptoms are a pimple like sore that when you feel it is quite large under the surface. It is incredibly sore/tender/painful. It then oozes... to be graphic. I haven't been able to sit for over 8 days now because of how painful it is--mine happens to be on the back of my thigh.

Andrea said...

Thanks for the details. Yikes. Your 'get well' card is being sent express mail! :) Hope you feel better soon. Andrea

Shana said...

I know this is a late comment, but am hoping you are feeling better, and thought it was interesting that MRSA seems to be getting some press lately (or maybe because you mentioned it, it has become more relevant to my life so I am more aware... Anyway) there was a little blurb about it in the newest Readers Digest and then on Talk of the Nation on NPR I think it was two days ago there was a big discussion... Thought you might find all that interesting! Hope all are getting better... Doesn't sound like fun! :(