Friday, December 07, 2007

Good Karma

I am going to try for some good karma now...
Yes, I can put Reese in our room for quiet time and I'll try not to worry too much about the worrisome things kids do. What I meant by the naughty things kids do--the time Reese confiscated a pen and drew on his sheets, pillow, books, body parts not mentionable... I've then heard of some worse things involving body fluids/solids... I do need to let go though I realize as I cannot watch 24/7 and if I did that would be weird in itself... Thank you prrrof for pointing out that we can be *watching* them and disastrous things occur (brings to mind a battery and a broken collar bone...).
So, I am going to try to wiggle naps around, get Reese some quiet time and me a little kid free relief. Reminds me of a sign I saw, "I child-proofed, but they keep getting in".

I should mention that Jim got the sickness... Now I just hope the kids don't get it... or at least wait until my mom is here until they get sick!

5 comments:

Our Family said...

You are a great Mom Dana and it will get easier. Just today McKenzie fought taking a nap or even staying in her room and I had to laugh. They just don't get it yet that moms need alone time. (Or the day will be bumpy!) Sorry Jim is sick. Hope everyone gets healthy soon.

rae ann said...

this lack of posting can't be good... it's nearly wednesday now. does this mean that you all caught the bug? oh, i hope not.

Left Coast Sister said...

Trying to squeeze a nap out of my oldest when he's just not that into it is much more exhausting (fOR me) than not even attempting. so we do the nap or quiet time alternative... seems to work ok, he gets a break from me, and I get one from him.
Honestly, the other way to look at it is this... if they make poor decisions at 3 (ie writing on the walls, etc) and learn there are consequences, how much better is that than learning at 18 or 20... when the mistake probably wouldn't be covered by a coat of paint. (Too much L&L, perhaps??!) (:
hope you aren't sick...

Unknown said...

I hope you're all well-when there are no new posts we all get Tootlepop withdrawals! BTW - when I was a kid we used to switch names up like you have done to get Dim and Jana, which would make us Bravid and Dandy. Somehow I think Dim and I should object to this :) My parents were Sat 'n' Pue. Hmmm

prrrof said...

Whoops--and I hope it didn't sound like I thought you were funny for thinking they'd do things alone in a room...this from parents who checked on their 2-year-old to find him having colored his entire bed, face, pillow, and toy with red marker. Egads.

I too hope you're not sick and that you're enjoying having your mom there!