Monday, December 03, 2007

First day with Lane...


We started watching Lane today... Fun stuff--figuring out naps, changing diapers, how to feed three at once... We had a good time and Lane was awesome! We'll be watching him for six months while his mom goes back to work.
We were getting ready for Lane to come, so we were setting up the Pack & Play and just talking to our boys how Lane was going to be coming each day and napping here, eating lunch with us, etc. Reese said, "I don't think I can handle two babies in my room". I assured him that we would put Lane in guest room so he wouldn't have too *deal* with him!

On another note... NOT FAIR. I really don't think it is fair that moms can get sick. I'm talking the throwing up kind of sick. I can handle a cold, the aches, but NOT throwing up. I haven't thrown up in over 4 years and this weekend I got sick and threw up... with Reese watching! I told him to go get daddy please which he promptly did... "Daddy, come help... mommy's throwing up". Nice little helper the whole weekend. I'm recovered, but still miffed that moms CAN get sick--we have too much to do and take care of and I can't stand the way I feel when I'm nauseated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana, Good luck with your new boy that has been added to the collection. :) Joking here....
I was just going to call you today, not knowing that you were sick with the flu, too.....i am flat out in bed! Dreadful. Back to bed. Hugs,
Laurie

Gina said...

Oh Dana how I feel your barfy pain. That was me 2 days before Thanksgiving. I thought I might die. But I didn't. Abigail laughed at me.

Our Family said...

I am so sorry Dana! Wow! Keep that bug up in Oregon, okay?:) Have fun with Lane. He is a cutie. Take care of yourself Dana.

Alison said...

Hey, we know that little guy! He looks like a nephew of ours. :) Good luck with the three little boys! Alison

Darla said...

Love your honesty...it isn't selfish to need a little time to yourself. If we don't get any time, we begin to run on empty...not a good place to be...