Friday, November 09, 2007

Visit from Oma...

Well, another wonderful visit from Oma is over (and I don't have any pictures to prove it)... she is on her way home and we are left with an empty quiet house. After we dropped her off with Auntie Alicia for the ride home we had to treat ourselves to treats (caramel latte for me, warm soy milk for Reese with chocolate and caramel). As we pulled up to our house Reese said, "Why isn't Oma here?". We are all kind of quiet and sad, but looking forward to our next visit from Oma!

Sleep update: Last night Reese was put back in his room to sleep with his brother... It went well. Carsten cried for about 2 minutes and Reese cried for 3 seconds before I had a talk with him that it would soon be over and I wouldn't let it go on too long. Carsten woke up at 3:00am, and then I took him to our bed so he wouldn't wake Reese, but we are on a roll... Carsten is doing really well at night. He doesn't cry for more than a couple of minutes. Naps are a different story, so for now we've decided to leave him in our bed for naps and just conquer the nights.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Sounds as if you got it all worked out. That is great. Just one day at a time. Isn't it sad when our mommies leave? I feel so badly when my mom or my mother in law leaves after spending time with us. At least you will see Oma soon. Hope all is well with you guys. Miss you!