Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Heard of Olivia?

Reese decided to form his own band, similar to Olivia in Olivia Forms a Band... notice the bells on the feet. Since the picture we've added more instruments to his band.

On another note... One of those days. Carsten is somewhat congested so he slept for a half and hour at naptime. This means we all got up and continued on our day, no nap for mommy or Reese. Today I NEEDED the time alone, quiet, peaceful, without kids pulling on me... not to be. Earlier in the day we headed out to do errands and Reese had a meltdown about wearing a jacket in his carseat--I couldn't take it anymore and turned around and headed home. We ventured out after the failed naps instead. I wonder if it is the winter time weather, attitude, stuck inside business setting in, or what??? The kids have been on my last little thread of a nerve lately and I'm really trying to be nice. Hopefully the holiday gaiety will set into my hard heart and I'll turn back into a good mommy... we'll see.

6 comments:

Jeff, Renee, Carter and Camden said...

Sorry, - I'm guilty of lurking . . . but I love to see what your boys are up to since I have 2 boys as well. I know exactly what you mean by "one of those days" and it's good to know I'm not the only one who has them.
Thanks for posting.

Our Family said...

I think all us mommies have been there.....you will make it through. It is hard to be smiling all the time especially when you yourself are not getting the rest you need. I will pray that things get better for you. I wish those days never existed but they do. Relish the good days!

J K L M N O P said...

Hi - really you are a good mommy even if it doesn't feel that way. It's not a hard heart, just a mommy that cares a lot. Think about it - do you think Reese learned a valuable lesson yesterday? Like what mommy says she means, and I might not like the results if I don't want to remember that? Believe me they are valuable lessons and they pay off -- usually harder on mom though than the boys! We've all been there if we are honest and no it's not fun, but it is necessary! By the way, tell Jim I saw him yest. driving in town.

J K L M N O P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh Dana,
I'm so glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels like you do. I was in Target the other day and just had to "leave" because of a meltdown and when I got to the check out line I was so stressed out that I was ready to RUN out of there. I had to have the clerk send someone to get the last item on my list, while she held the line up for us. LAUGHING OUT LOUD! (not really so funny at the time) Hoping you get a break this holiday! :)) Hang in there, girl. Our kids are growing up sooo quickly. Really, they are!

Gina said...

I say blame it on the weather...
Way better than any other excuse ;)