Tuesday, February 26, 2008

May we be excused?

We've been absent... sorry.

The past week or so...
Carsten was sick in the last post. Reese was the next victim with me, the mom, on his heels. Only a cold, but a nasty one. Carsten is recovered and Reese and I are very close.
I've just put Reese outdoors as it is mildly nice and good enough for an almost well 3 year old. I think we are all getting a couped up feeling going on... he is enjoying strolling around the postage size backyard investigating each clump of dirt and each patch of moss. Carsten is sleeping soundly--as soon as he wakes up I'm sure he'll join R outside.

Some funny Reese-talk this week:
"I'm refused about how to hook this car up."
"I like to retrol this truck."
Reese had a rather bad, awful, terrible, no good day on Sunday. We've talked before and we talked on Sunday about how you, the three year old, can choose to have a good/happy day, or a bad/sad day. It didn't mean much. On Monday we had a great, good, wonderful, happy day. Midway through the day Reese came up to me and he said, "Mommy I'm having a good day". I didn't think our message meant much, but that gave me hope. Today, Tuesday, has been another good, happy, nice day.




Carsten is adding to his vocabulary daily:
Some basic vocab words such as poo poo and ucky.
He's also added, "uv you" (love you) and he raises one finger of the three finger sign for I love you.
Carsten has also added the head shake and emphatic "uh uh" to his repertoire. If you ask him if he'd like something or to do something and he decides that is a negative, he'll give you the "uh uh" and shake his head.







Auntie Alicia and cousin Justin have been around the past week or so and we have greatly missed out as she didn't want to be around us--imagine that!
We got some time yesterday and it was quite fun to just chat and let the cousins play--although I don't know if we should call it play as constant interference was needed.

To all our adoring fans--now that we are better we'll try to keep up on this blog...

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Yay! You are back! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Glad to hear also that Reese has those types of days. We have that good day/bad day talk with McKenzie quite a bit. It does sink in....it just depends on how stubborn they want to be that day. Got to love preschoolers! Take care of yourselves.

Unknown said...

Your adoring fans are glad you are back. We do miss you when you aren't blogging. We've caught that cold now, so David stayed home from work today, Alexa slept in until 10 this morning and we cancelled all of our appointments. Just when I think I am catching up to my life something else hit! See you all soon I hope.

Gina said...

I can't imagine that Alicia and Justin didn't want your special germs ;)!!!