Friday, February 15, 2008

Life with Kids...

Our week:
I'm tired.

  • Carsten is obviously getting his last two teeth (molars on top)... All the signs are there--drool, chewing on anything-especially skin, wiggling his jaw, and the telltale pointy edges of molars sticking through sensitive skin...
  • Carsten is sick. Are these related??? I've touched on this before in this blog... I really believe they are related, our doctor doesn't. He has a nasty cough, runny nose, AND an ear infection--his first. This mommy is crying. I didn't see any signs of an ear infection coming. His sickness started with a very barky infrequent cough. I didn't start putting garlic oil in his ears and now it is almost ready to burst.
  • Carsten is allergic to his Crocs. He has a rash on the bottom of his feet and our doctor muscle tested him on his Crocs and sure enough, it's them... He loves his Crocs.
  • There are some positives to this week... Monday I had a massage from our good friend who is going to massage school... wonderful!
  • Tuesday night Jim and I went out just the two of us to an amazing Italian restaurant. The 12th is our *dating* anniversary. We've been together for 14 years!
  • Now it is Friday and we are hoping Carsten feels better soon and that we get some needed rest.
Hope your weeks have been good! Happy coming weekend!
(all of the above is some pathetic excuse to not have any pictures to post)

7 comments:

prrrof said...

Sick kids--no fun at all. Here's hoping it ends soon.

Happy dating anniversary--did you start a new contest (can ya make this basket?) to celebrate? :)

Hugs all around, but only germ-free ones...

Our Family said...

Sorry the little guy is not feeling well. Will put him in our prayers. Isn't mommyhood exhausting? I am just dragging today after a full week of the older one not sleeping through the night. It will get better I have been told. Take care of yourself and happy dating anniversary!

Kate said...

Fischer has his first ear infection too! And now baby Hazy has a cough and runny nose...
Hopefully he doesn't get an ear infection too.
Thanks for the great quote on the Stayin Home blog, it cheered me up!!!

KJack said...

Ugh yes sick kids are not fun, I'm crossing my fingers and toes, Ms. T has yet to have a earache (good for 3 year old!). Glad you still celebrate the start of a wonderful relationship!

Unknown said...

I am feeling sorry for you - does that make you feel any better. What a bunch of icky stuff to happen all at once. We will miss you at play group. If I have any leftovers I will drop them off.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Hamilton's....we send our hugs....we can totally sympathize, as we have been sick ALL WINTER long, literally.....Annica brings all the goodies home from school now that she is in Kindergarten. FUN TIMES...just wait 'til Reese is in school....the kids are well for the moment, but now I have the sniffles and achy. Hugs, Laurie and family xo

Alison said...

Dana, when my kids are getting teeth they always get diaper rash and other sick symptoms, ear infections, etc. Now my 7 year old is working on her eye teeth and she gets headaches and nose bleeds...eeeehhh! Does it ever end? :) Maybe the crock allergy will clear up after the teething subsides?

I am enjoying your Stayin Home Blog. Wondered if I could be part of "the moms". My email address is randy-alison-h@juno.com.