Thursday, July 16, 2009

Adjustments...

Gluten is not our friend...
For our interested followers--We tried an alternative treatment for Reese and his celiac disease. Our doctor was up front and didn't promise miracles, but we still held out hope. She helped him with other allergies (dairy, corn, that type of thing), and tried with gluten. Last week was his blood test and it came back that the celiac disease is still present. He won't react as severely to gluten now, but it is damaging to his body, so it is in his/our best interest to steer clear. I've been purging the house again and am in the mode of being careful. We'll eat at home more (better anyway for us and the budget) and we'll adjust to this way of life...

8 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for the update I was wondering how things were going with this.

KJack said...

A hard row to hoe, but you're such a great mom to make the best of it for him :)

rae ann said...

oh i'm so sorry! i know how much you (we all) hoped that his body would respond to the treatments. what a major blow.

SoozeSchmooze said...

I was very interested in the outcome of that as I have a friend here in Chico that does Naet treatments...and I will be sure to let her know the outcome..she was curious...I admire your determination to do what is best for Reese...it is a great example for him in how to take care of himself and the importance of taking care of ourselves...you really are a great Mom Dana...!!

Sandra Ramey said...

Dana,
Well I guess we just what we have to don't we. We'll do anything to help our kids.

Our Family said...

I hope and pray for him and you during this time. Did you get that information from my cousin? It is definitely an adjustment but in the long run you will be better off for it. Hope that things get to being "normal" for you.

Darin, Jean, Samson & Sydney said...

Thanks so much for posting the update. A good friend of mine was just diagnosed with Celiac and I was curious about how NAET would work for that.

I think from what I've seen that NAET works best for sensitivities - not quite as well for things that actually show up on traditional allergy testing. It definitely helped me with my environmental allergies though.

Unknown said...

I am sorry that didn't work out totally. I think we have a food allergy too. Leaky diapers all the time! We haven't figure out what it is yet, and furthermore she is not gaining enough weight..how do you fatten up a kid who won't eat bread, and loves vegetables, and has lactose problems, and now some other random thing! Hopefully we will get some allergy tests done soon. Very tired of cleaning up poop. But the point of this longing whiny monologue is, that I know it isn't easy, but it's worth it for him to feel better.