Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Off to Opa and Oma's...

My parents were at our house for the weekend and so we caught a ride home with them to their house for the week. The boys couldn't wait to get here (Reese says that he likes the smell of Oma's house and he was looking forward to that). Today was sunny in the morning (it is now pouring) so we went out and enjoyed the sunshine while it lasted.
Tonight Oma, the boys and my brother went out to cut some wood for the fire and on their way back to the house (they were sitting on top of the wood in the trailer on the back of the riding mower) it started to pour... they arrived wet and giggling.
My brother and I tried to make the perfect flan, so tomorrow we'll know if we succeeded or not (it has to refrigerate overnight).
Sounds like Jim is fairing well without us--the neighbors invited him over for a steak dinner! Those of you who know us well know that he doesn't get steak very often, actually only when I go away...



No comments: