Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trying to figure this out...

I am trying to figure out a feeling for how things are going with Reese and his celiac disease. I posted before about the treatments we have been doing with NAET... we are just about done with those and this last week our doctor cleared Reese to eat wheat for three months! I feel weird about this. I am totally excited that he can now eat wheat and he is equally excited--the first thing he wanted was homemade chocolate chip cookies. So far he has felt fine after eating wheat.



I guess I need to just reprogram so to speak and go back to cooking *normally* and turn off my high alert mommy meter when feeding Reese ("Does that have wheat???"). Do I just forget how to cook without gluten, toss recipes, save the rice flour for???







Our doctor has said that she isn't sure this a cure for his celiac disease, but that it should help with any symptoms and we'll know for sure in three months when we have another blood test to see if the celiac disease still exists...
It has been a odd couple of days to say the least--emotions have been euphoric, worried, hesitant, hopeful, glad, thankful...).

4 comments:

Diane said...

I would say this is something you all have to embrace for now, just to see if it works. But keep your alert on!!

Our Family said...

I am glad for you and hope and pray that this goes well. Yes, definitely keep your alert turned on too.

Kristine said...

Hi
Sounds scary as a Mom for sure, but I would just be on alert, just in case. And I'd keep the recipes, and store the flour in the freezer for just in case. Good luck, we will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

DID YOU PUT EXTRA CHOCOLATE CHIPS IN? WHAT A GREAT TREAT!!!