Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Gingerbread... 'tis the season

Gingerbread sounded really good today so I googled gluten free gingerbread men... I found one that we had the ingredients for (and had Jim stop at the store on the way home for more ingredients). They turned out really great! Reese enjoyed helping make, mix, roll, cut-out, and decorate the men and Carsten helped daddy decorate a few. The recipe is here. We didn't have corn syrup so we substituted molasses and agave nectar instead (idea I stole from another recipe--I'm not that smart).
We aren't suffering without wheat over here, oh, and you must decorate gingerbread men in your underwear for them to be just right!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yumm, how fun! I am thinking of trying to make some ginger cookies..

KJack said...

You are such a good mommy :) We'll have to come up and play sometime.

Gina said...

Was that you in your underwear or Jim ;)

Dim and Jana said...

I guess I should have clarified that it was the children in their underwear! :)
Kay--we'd love for you to come up sometime!

Our Family said...

They look like they are having fun! How is the gluten thing going? Did that info help at all? Hope that things are going well with that. Happy Baking!