Thursday, October 09, 2008

Moving, New House, New Pets, etc...

A picture of the kitchen to tide everyone over until I can take pictures of the rest. Oma was here for three weeks to help us and I did not get one picture with her in it... actually didn't take any pictures at all. We are getting settled so I'll have to make sure and keep the camera handy again.

Moving day... it went pretty smoothly and we were all moved in one day.

Well, we have moved into our new home. It is not complete yet, still under construction, but definitely livable. This is our second week in it and it is starting to feel like "home"--Carsten does still call it the property, but slips a few times and says we are home.
We are also the proud owners of two pet rats. Yes, rats. Reese adores them and can usually be found holding one of them and talking to them.
I would give a few more updates, but our master closet just got finished yesterday and I'm dying to move into it... so off I go to get some more boxes unpacked!

10 comments:

rae ann said...

WOW! is it wrong that i'm lusting after your kitchen... gorgeous!

and i can't believe you allowed rats in your home! these are the things that we try to keep OUT of our homes!

glad to hear that you're all still around and well. i'm so totally bummed that we missed oma, but on her next visit, we will coordinate. xoxo

Growininwillows said...

Love the kitchen. I was a bit skeptical at first with such a bright white, but it looks awesome with the blue...can't wait to see in person someday. . .

Our Family said...

Wow! Your kitchen looks great! What is the color of paint you have on the wall of your kitchen?

Didge said...

I am so glad that you have posted! I missed you on here...know moving can be hectic. Hope the kids pick up the new language quickly. Ha ha. That reminds me of when Sten asked about Hannes when he was still a baby "will Hannes learn Sweet Home or German first?" Glad that your closet is ready, now you can get in there and organize all of your ball gowns and their coordinating shoes. Not sure about the new members of your household...

Gina said...

Welcome Home!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new home and the move. Looks like moving is in our future very soon too! Any tips?!

Amber said...

Congrats on Getting IN!!! Looks very Nice!! I am sure your boys are happy to have their own place to run in!!

Will, Shelley, Chet, Zane, Reid, Lily said...

Wow! Your kitchen is beautiful! It looks like a picture out of a magazine! =)

Shana said...

Glad you made it in!! Kitchen looks great... Glad there were no pictures of your new pets! Not a fan and won't allow my kids to even think of a rat as a pet!! No matter how many people tell me they make the best pets and they're so sweet etc... YUCK!!! But I'm sure your boys are loving them!

Darla said...

Oooh, oooh, I love it! Your kitchen looks so clean and fresh. If I understand, you two did the cabinets? Wow! Great job!

I painted my walls a "hawthorne yellow" this spring and my countertops are a beautiful slate blue. Refreshing colors, aren't they?