Friday, September 05, 2008

Sick of the house project yet???

In case you were wondering if all we do is "house", here are some pictures that are of us doing the "park". The boys and I walked/rode bikes to get the mail and play in the park. As you can tell Reese was not in the mood for pictures and Carsten was.
Carsten has been asking to stay home lately when we head over to the property--doesn't want to go over there... he also cries whenever I give away or sell any of our things (as I try to purge before we move). I wonder what he'll think when we leave this house behind for good. I have to remember that it is the only house he has ever known...





I haven't put a picture on of the house outside in awhile and haven't really wanted to... We picked a wonderful color--cardboard--and then when it was painted on the entire outside of the house we decided it wasn't so wonderful... we are working on what to do...

The kitchen counter tops... I love them! I'll try to get a picture once all the cabinets are done...

A really friendly neighbor brought these by for our new house mantel...

5 comments:

Our Family said...

Great job with your house. Will be thinking of you all on moving day! Enjoy! I love purging the house as well. What a wonderful feeling!

BandK said...

The colors are always different when they're actually painted, aren't they?? Oh well, the nice thing is that it can be repainted. Unfortunately I'm sure it's expensive.

Otherwise it's coming along beautifully! What a gorgeous house. You must be so excited to get into it. Well, everyone's excited except poor Cartsen. Looks like he is one of those people who has a difficult time with change -- poor little guy!

And I love seeing pics of the new house! Don't stop now! :-)

BandK said...

I meant Carsten, not Cartsen. Fingers can't type today

Sandra Ramey said...

Oh yes...I really like the blue countertops too. The house seems so long in this photo. We know it is nice and roomy inside!

Didge said...

Ok, I have to confess to liking the cardboard...don't figure my opinion counts but I did like the color. I know choosing can be AGONIZING and then it always turns out differently than expected. It was the one point so far on our renovations that we disagreed on...the shutter colors...I ended up giving in and then for some reason they wouldn't powder coat with the color that Ralph had mixed to his liking and my first choice became our color by default...of course I was overjoyed and got my way without having to be a bully. Whew. I still am surprised sometimes when the boys say that we should never have left the place where we lived before even though the kid advantages to this place are way higher than where we lived. We were in an apartment on the first floor and the yard was too close to the road for them to go out alone. Now they have just to step out the door and they are in kids'paradise and they think it is a step down from before. I guess like you said, it is the house they knew and it is theirs and familiar. You must be looking forward to actually getting in there and not having two houses anymore. Have any fairy godmothers offered to clean it for you while you go to a day spa for some pampering? I can easily get out of this one....couldn't possibly make it! Bon courage!